Adopt A Bunny
If you have thought about bringing a Bunny into your family there are several wonderful organizations where you can adopt a bunny from. A large number of these organizations will also provide you with education so that you are not flying blind on taking care of your bunny properly.
The following is a directory of Rabbit Rescues and Organizations that we are aware of. If your organization is not listed please contact us and let us know your information so we can add you.
House Rabbit SocietyHouse Rabbit SocietyWisconsin
The Wisconsin Chapter shares the mission of the national House Rabbit Society: to rescue homeless rabbits and provide education and outreach on rabbit care. Our mission is realized through the efforts of numerous volunteers, and our regular activities include:
- Spaying and neutering rabbits rescued from local shelters.
- Fostering rabbits as they await adoption into permanent, loving homes.
- Providing veterinary care for foster rabbits, some with serious health problems.
- Training foster rabbits to use a litterbox and enjoy a healthy diet.
- Publishing quarterly newsletter for members.
- Maintaining a website regarding the health, nutrition, behavior and care of rabbits as in-home companion animals.
- Providing sanctuary to rabbits who have chronic health conditions or who need specialized, long-term care.
- Hosting community educational activities such as Bunny Day.
- Assisting shelters with hoarding or confiscation cases involving large numbers of rabbits.